While working through web development course, I came across a great tip for hosting a website for free on GitHub. Simply follow these steps:
- Step 1: Create a repository in your GitHub account with the name “yourusername.github.io”
- Step 2: Clone that repository to your computer
- Step 3: Add an index.html file to your cloned repository
- Step 4: Commit the changes (the added index file) and push it to GitHub master repository.
- Step 5: Wait a couple minutes and then type the address “http://yourusername.github.io” in your browser to see if the website is live.
For further details head over to this quick tutorial at https://pages.github.com
Screenshot of Chrome’s Console Window
I’m currently working on a web project which uses model-view-controller (MVC), and being new to programming I’m trying to learn more about the topic. During my initial research I came across a great blog post, and thought I’d share it. The post does a good job of breaking down the three components of MVC, and offers an example which helps explain this abstract topic.